Two-Night Stay Minimums on Weekends. One night stay option at the owner's discretion.
NO PETS in or on the property.
Unfortunately we cannot allow check in or check outs on a Saturday.
OCCUPANCY LIMITS: All our properties have occupancy limits that are stated on the website and your reservation. These limits include adults and children and if you have more than the allowed occupancy limits staying in the rental property, you may be asked to leave without refund. No Events or Parties (Including but not limited to, weddings, ceremonies, conferences or larger gatherings outside the permitted occupancy of your cabin) are allowed. Daytime visitors to your cabin cannot exceed more than 2 over the marketed cabin occupancy limit (example: Your Cabin sleeps up to 5 you may not have more than 7 people at your cabin during the day and no more than 5 sleeping in the cabin) unless previously discussed and approved with the owner. We regret we cannot allow any party tents to be put up on the grounds.
25% of the total bill is due to Reserve a Cabin.
25% will be charged 90 Days from your Check In Date.
25% will be charged 60 Days from your Check In Date.
Final Payment is due 30 days before your stay. This will automatically be charged to the card on file.
If your reservation is less than 30 days away, the full payment will be due and charged when reservation is made. Note: this may look like a double charge on your card but it is just being paid in full in 25% increments.
Check In: Anytime after 4:00pm, Sorry No early check ins.
Check Out: Before 11am. Sorry no late check outs.
Terms and Conditions of Rental and Liability Waiver
Your payment, or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement, is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental.
This contract constitutes an agreement between the Guest and Decorah High Point, LLC as agent to rent the premises managed by Decorah High Point, LLC. The restrictions, conditions and limitations described below are included as part of this agreement.
1. The Guest understands that the accommodations are privately owned, furnished by the owner and are as advertised on the Decorah High Point, LLC network of Websites. Decorah High Point, LLC and the owner are not required or obligated to provide additional furnishings or equipment.
2. CANCELLATION OR CHANGES OF RESERVATION POLICY:
100% Refund is honored if Cancellation is initiated within 24 hours of making the reservation. If needing to cancel after 24 hours of making the reservation please see the Following:
Though we will make every effort to fill your cancelled dates, if the cabin cannot be re-booked, guest shall forfeit 50% of the full amount if canceled 30-60 days prior to your arrival. Forfeit 100% of the reservation amount if canceled less than 30 days prior to your arrival date. This includes trying to alter your reservation dates. We reserve the right to treat a partial cancellation as a cancellation for the entire stay. In the unlikely event that you must shorten your stay after arrival, you will remain responsible for the full balance of your original reservation. We are do not offer refunds due to Inclement Weather / Family / Medical / Health (Including but not limited to Covid-19) / Emergencies and Out of State Travel Bans that alter plans. In the event the State of Iowa shuts down short term vacation rentals during your future stay we will be in contact with you about your reservation.
3. Some properties have special amenities on the property or access to special amenities including, but not limited to: elevated decks, decks without railings (These Cabins are not suitable for children, MAGNOLIA & ASPEN CABIN) spa, hot tubs (These Cabins are not suitable for children, MAGNOLIA & ASPEN CABIN), hiking trails, pools, beach, docks, waterfront walls. Unless otherwise posted, Guest is allowed reasonable use of these amenities during Guest’s rental period in their cabin of reservation. Guests are not allowed to use amenities specific to other cabins they did not reserve. The Guest recognizes that there are inherent risks in the use of these amenities, which may include personal injury and property damage. Guest agrees to use the amenities in a safe manner and follow any instructions regarding the use of the amenity. Guest recognizes that there are risks to children in the use of many of the amenities provided with the property. Guest recognizes that there are risks to the use of any of the amenities provided if they are used in a manner for which they were not designed. The Guest further recognizes that the use of these amenities may be UNSAFE if: used for an extended period of time; used by individuals who are pregnant or who may be pregnant; used by individuals while under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication, or; used by individuals with certain health risks. The Guest acknowledges and assumes all risks for the use of any amenities provided with the rental property and Guest further agrees that Guest is wholly responsible and liable for any injury or damage to persons or property as a result of their use of the amenities provided with the property. Guest further agrees to indemnify, save, protect, defend and hold harmless Decorah High Point, LLC, and the owners of the property for any damages, costs or attorney’s fees incurred as a result of any injury or damage from the use of the amenities. The Guest agrees to assume sole responsibility in relation to these risks and Guest agrees Guest is responsible and liable and will pay agent upon request for any damages to these amenities caused by Guest’s misuse or negligence.
4. Guest agrees to indemnify, save, protect, defend and hold harmless Decorah High Point, LLC, it’s employees, partners, vendors or assignees, and the owners of the property for any and all claims, actions, suits, demands, damages and costs related to defending same, including attorney’s fees incurred as a result of any injuries to persons or damages to property, including any damages that are the result of the negligence of Decorah High Point, LLC, it’s agents or assignees, and the owners of the property; any damages that are the result of Decorah High Point, LLC, it’s agents or assignees, and the owners of the property being sued for as a result of the acts or omissions of Guest or arising out of the acts or omissions of Guest.
5. The Guest understands that each unit is Self Catering, which is defined as having a start up supply of soap, toilet paper and trash bags and the guest is responsible for their needs after that. Kitchens are well equipped with basic cooking items (dishes, silverware, pots, pans, coffee makers, microwaves and toasters). Decorah High Point, LLC offers no extra towels or maid service.
6. Decorah High Point, LLC and its staff or representatives reserve the right to enter the rented properties at any time, with or without the Guest’s consent to inspect the property, perform routine or emergency maintenance and pest control.
7. OCCUPANCY LIMITS: All our properties have occupancy limits that are stated on the website and your reservation. These limits include adults and children and if you have more than the allowed occupancy limits staying in the rental property, you may be asked to leave without refund. No Events or Parties (Including but not limited to, weddings, ceremonies, conferences or larger gatherings outside the permitted occupancy of your cabin) are allowed. Daytime visitors to your cabin cannot exceed more than 2 over the marketed cabin occupancy limit (example: Your Cabin sleeps up to 5 you may not have more than 7 people at your cabin during the day and no more than 5 sleeping in the cabin) unless previously discussed and approved with the owner. We regret we cannot allow any party tents to be put up on the grounds.
8 Our properties may have a PRIVATE area that is clearly marked as an OWNERS CLOSET. If you attempt to break into the owner’s areas or any other area marked as PRIVATE you will be charged for breaking and entering private property.
9. PETS : Guest understands that NO PETS ARE ALLOWED ON OR IN THE PROPERTY which is clearly stated on the website. Guests will be asked to leave with no refund, and will be charged a $500.00 clean up fee if ANY pet is allowed into a property.
10. Each property is inspected by our staff prior to your check in and upon your check out and an Inventory is taken. Any missing items, broken items, smoking, unauthorized pets, excessive cleaning, soiled/stained/missing Linens, or trash removal will be billed to your Credit card. In addition Decorah High Point, LLC will charge your credit card for the following items: $50.00 minimum charge for lock outs. Non-returned keys $25 per key. If your Property is left in an unacceptable condition on your departure photographs will be taken and a minimum of $250 will be charged as an excessive cleaning charge. A $500.00 fine for smoking is imposed in any of our properties. Any damaged or missing property and landscaping will be charged at the actual cost of replacement or repair.
11. PARKING. Guest agrees to use only the parking spaces provided by the property. The obstruction of private property may result in your vehicle being towed at cost to you. Please do not block other driveway or cabin entrances and park by your cabin only.
12. NEIGHBORS. The Guest must observe any NO TRESPASSING SIGNS for any adjacent properties and must not obstruct access to adjacent properties. No loud music or outside parties after 10:00 p.m. Decorah High Point, LLC take abusive and illegal behavior very seriously and you will be asked to leave without refund if you choose to ignore local rules and regulations.
13. Wireless Internet Access- The Wi-Fi service, where available, is provided on an “As Is” and “As Available” Basis, without warranties of any kind. Decorah High Point, LLC does not warrant that the series will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. Decorah High Point, LLC make no express warranties and customer waives all implied warranties including, but not limited to, warranties of titles, non-infringement, merchantability, information or service provided through the provided connection or the Internet generally. Guest expressly acknowledges that there are , and assumes all responsibility related to, the security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in wireless communications and technology and Decorah High Point, LLC does not make any assurances or warranties relating to such risks.
*Your payment, or taking possession of the property after receipt of the agreement, is evidence of your acceptance of the agreement and your intent to use this property for a vacation rental.
We DO NOT allow Pets on or in the Property *
No Smoking in the Cabin*
* If there's evidence this has occurred a $500 cleaning fee will be charged to the card on file.
No Shooting Weapons on the property
No hunting or access to hunting from the property
No Recreational Vehicles Allowed